Are you interested in joining the LRS team? We’re hiring for two positions:
Position #1: Research Analyst
Do you hold a firm belief that statistics are fascinating? Do you often find yourself diving deep into data analysis to find the meaning behind the numbers? Do you enjoy making complex research results accessible to a wide variety of audiences? If so, we have the job for you! The Colorado State Library’s Library Research Service (LRS) has an opening for the position of Research Analyst.
The Research Analyst will lead a variety of research and evaluation efforts for and about libraries in Colorado and beyond – designing studies, analyzing the results, and presenting the findings in a variety of formats, ranging from scholarly journal articles to press releases. This person will also share her/his passion for data with the library community by providing training and professional development opportunities about evaluation in venues ranging from regional workshops to webinars to the national Research Institute for Public Libraries. The ideal candidate for this position…
- Believes that evaluation can transform library practice
- Has a strong background in statistical analysis, knowing which statistical methods are appropriate and how to correctly conduct data analysis using those methods
- Has superior writing skills and can make research findings understandable to a broad spectrum of readers
- Is an experienced trainer who can make data and evaluation topics accessible and interesting to lay audiences
- BONUS: Has an eye for design and experience creating infographics
For more information and to apply, see https://www.libraryjobline.org/job/5243/Research-Analyst?ref=page1. The application deadline is March 4, 2016.
Position #2: Research Assistant
Do you have a strong opinion about the Oxford comma and singular “they”? Do you find yourself looking for the “real story” behind the numbers reported in the media? Are you intrigued by the popularity of infographics? Do you like a combination of collaborative and independent work? If so, we’ve got the job for you! The Colorado State Library’s Library Research Service (LRS) has an opening for the position of Research Assistant.
This person will collaborate with LRS colleagues to write about research findings for the library community, develop content for LRS.org, and support evaluation projects. The ideal person for this opening is passionate about libraries, appreciates data and numbers, and is looking for a position that is part job, part discovery, and part learning. S/he is the type of person who knows…
- how to write well, especially for non-experts and the web
- why accurate data are so important
- how to proofread and edit technical documents
- how to provide excellent customer service
- how to be part of a team and work independently
- when to obsess about the small stuff and when to focus on the big picture
- BONUS: experience or interest in data visualization
For more information and to apply, see https://www.libraryjobline.org/job/5242/Research-Assistant?ref=page1. The application deadline is March 4, 2016.