The Colorado State Library and the Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC) are sponsoring up to 14 travel stipends for Colorado public library staff and current MLIS students to attend the Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL) Regional – Colorado on July 31-August 1, 2017 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
What is a RIPL Regional? It’s a scaled-down version of the national data boot camp – 2 days, 3 instructors, and 50 public library participants from Colorado – that provides the training necessary to begin using data and evaluation for managing, planning, and communicating impact.
The ideal candidate for this stipend is:
- Interested in getting started using data for savvy and strategic planning.
- Looking for both inspiration and instruction in a hands-on, participatory environment.
- Seeking to learn about outcomes and how to measure library impact.
- Committed to leading his/her organization in making data-based decisions.
- Eager to develop a peer network to support research and evaluation efforts.
To be eligible for a stipend, you must be:
- employed by a public library in Colorado, OR a Colorado resident either enrolled in a Master’s in Library and Information Science (MLIS) program or a 2017 MLIS graduate at the time of the institute (this opportunity is most appropriate for students intending to work in public libraries),
- a first-time RIPL participant, and
- based outside of the Colorado Springs metro area (there is no registration fee for the event; the stipend covers travel expenses including lodging, meals, and mileage)
Special consideration will be given to applicants working in small or rural libraries and/or those working with underserved populations, as well as those with a demonstrated financial need. However, staff working in any Colorado public library and/or Colorado residents enrolled in an MLIS program are encouraged to apply for stipends.
For more information and to apply, please see https://www.lrs.org/2017-colorado-ripl-regional-travel-stipend-application-process/. Travel stipend applications are due by 5 PM on Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status by March 3.
General registration opens at 10:00 AM on Monday, March 6 at https://ripl.lrs.org/co2017/.