The following items will be used to evaluate the scholarship application:
- Complete application has been submitted (YES/NO)
- Supervisor Statement of Support has been submitted (YES/NO)
- Applicant is a first-time RIPL participant (YES/NO)
- Applicant works in a rural and small U.S. public library (YES/NO)
Note: A “no” for any of the items above will disqualify the application.
-Please rate the quality of each applicant’s responses to the following questions from 1-5 (1=lowest rating, 5=highest rating):
- Why are you interested in attending RIPL?
- What change(s) might you make in your library based on the knowledge and skills you gain at RIPL?
- How do you plan to share what you have learned at RIPL with the rural and small library community?
-Please rate each application from 1-3 (1=lowest rating, 3=highest rating) on the following:
- Written communication skills
- Quality of supervisor statement of support
For more information about the RIPL 2018 scholarship application process, please see https://www.lrs.org/ripl-scholarship-opportunity-for-small-and-rural-library-staff/.