The following items will be used to evaluate the scholarship application:
- Complete application has been submitted (YES/NO)
- Supervisor Statement of Support has been submitted (YES/NO)
- Applicant is a first-time RIPL participant (YES/NO)
- Applicant works in a rural and small U.S. public library (YES/NO)
Note: A “no” for any of the items above will disqualify the application.
-Please rate the quality of each applicant’s responses to the following questions from 1-5 (1=lowest rating, 5=highest rating):
- Why are you interested in attending RIPL?
- Think about one question you would like to answer about your library, community, or users. In your response, please a) list this question, b) explain why the answer is important to you, and c) describe what skills you hope to learn at RIPL that will help to answer this question.
-Please rate each application from 1-3 (1=lowest rating, 3=highest rating) on the following:
- Written communication skills
- Quality of supervisor statement of support