- Pleased Patrons: CTBL Maintains Excellent Service Record
- More Opportunities, Lower Pay: 2012 Insights from Library Jobline
- Early Literacy Information on Colorado Public Library Websites
- Colorado School Libraries and the Use of Web Technologies, 2011-2012
- 21st-Century Instruction Strategies in Colorado School Libraries
- See more Fast Facts.
- The Weekly Number: Four in five parents say libraries are very important for their children, according to the Pew Research Center
- Attending ALA Annual? Here are the research & statistics sessions that are on our radar
- The Weekly Number: Nearly 80% of library stakeholders rated "library workers and leaders who embrace change" as being very important to the success of future libraries
- The Weekly Number: 36% of school librarians rated connecting young people to reading and lifelong learning as the top satisfaction of their jobs
- Measuring the Impact of Libraries
- National Public Library Data Updated
- Find more LRS news on our blog
Tools for Libraries
|Calculators||Academic Comparison Tools||Public Comparison Tools||School Comparison Tools|
- Consumer Price Index Resources
- Information about the consumer price index and how to use it for things such as computing how much is a dollar worth?
- Cost-of-Living Comparison Calculator
- Compares the cost of living between major cities in the United States.
- Date Calculator
- Add to or subtract from a date. This service enables you to add or subtract days, months and years to a date to calculate a past or future date or to calculate the duration of a period between two dates. Created by Time and Date AS / Steffen Thorsen
Date Calculator Duration Calculator
- Inflation Calculator
- A page created by S. Morgan Friedman provides an inflation calculator and links to other inflation-related sites.
The Inflation Calculator
- Internet Speed Calculator
- Click on the right area labeled "testing your speed". It asks for your zip code and email but you don't need to provide that in order to get results. This provides your upload and download speeds in kbps (kilobits per second). Generally people are interested in your download speed (which should be the higher number).
Speed Matters Convert kbps to mbps (megabits per second)
- Market Research Calculators
- Market research calculators for advanced statistical analysis, developed by Venture Data, telephone data collection specialists.
- Random Date Generator
- LRS-produced tool which allows users to generate random dates for any calendar year.
- Sample Size Calculator
- Presented by Creative Research Systems. Calculates confidence interval and sample size for your study.
- Wage Calculator
- The LRS wage calculator converts an hourly wage to monthly or annual, or vice versa.
Academic Comparison Tools
- Compare Academic Institutions
- This tool from Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Peer Analysis System is designed to enable a user to easily compare any postsecondary institution to a group of peer institutions selected by the user.
IPEDS Executive Peer Tool and Peer Analysis System
Public Comparison Tools
Resources for Community Analysis
FFIEC Geocoding System
School Comparison Tools
- Great Schools
- Profiles for more than 2,100 public, private and charter schools in Colorado. Find school's test scores, teacher/student stats and more.
Research and Compare
- Brainy Zip
- Information includes state, county, post office, latitude, and longitude. For most populated zip codes, demographic, social, economic, and housing data is provided.
Zip Code Look Up