Recent Fast Facts
Recent LRS News
Return on Investment for Public Libraries
Public Libraries - A Wise Investment
Individual Reports for Participating Libraries
Study-Related Information and Resources
- Personal ROI Calculator
- Calculate your individual estimated Return on Investment
- Library ROI Calculator
- Calculate an estimated Return on Investment for your library
- CAL Presentation
- Powerpoint presentation of "Public Libraries - A Wise Investment" from 2007 Colorado Association of Libraries Conference
- Questions for Key Informants
- Approaches to use for key informant interviews during the study
- "$1 Invested Yields $5 Return"
- Article in Douglas County News-Press, written by Douglas County Libraries Director Jamie LaRue
- "Libraries are Essential in the Information Era"
- Editorial in Colorado Springs Gazette, written by Pikes Peak Library District Executive Director Paula Miller
- "Fort Morgan library returns $8.80 for every $1 spent"
- Article from the Fort Morgan Times
Links to Related Information and Resources
- What Have Other Studies Found?
- Compilation of results from similar studies in public libraries in the United States
- Articles and Studies Related to Library Value
- Web Page from the American Library Association detailing other studies and articles about Return on Investment
- Calculators from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- Cost Benefit and ROI Calculator
- Valuing Library Services Calculator