LRS presents a detailed summary of reported challenges to materials or services at Colorado public libraries in 2021 including the outcome of each challenge.
Throughout the Great Resignation, the COVID-19 pandemic, the Great Recession and everything in between LRS Library Jobline Fast Facts reports have tracked the number of job seekers and employers, salaries, education requirements, position types and more for Library Jobline. In 2021, new user data from Library Jobline showed that almost half of new users (49%) were employers while the other half (51%) were job seekers. This points to a high demand for workers in 2021.
Check Out Colorado State Parks 2021
Check Out Colorado State Parks, the result of a partnership between Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Colorado State Library, provides 307 Colorado libraries with two park passes and adventure backpacks ﬁlled with information and educational activities. Patrons of participating public, military, and academic libraries can check out a backpack for a week at a time to visit state parks for free. While backpack circulation was down due to the continuing pandemic, this program provided critical access to nature for many during 2021. 397 patrons completed a survey about their park experience.