Public Library Funding & Technology Access Survey – Products You and Your Libraries Can Use
The 2011-2012 Public Library Funding & Technology Access Survey (PLFTAS) study results are in and all the various resources based on the data are now available to you and your libraries. Many thanks to all the libraries that participated in the study!
Products You and Your Libraries Can Use
- State Data/Handouts. www.plinternetsurvey.org
- Issue briefs: These are 4-page briefs in the areas of Broadband, Community Access, Digital Literacy, E-government, and Employment (example: http://www.plinternetsurvey.org/sites/default/images/Briefs/EgovBrief2012.pdf)
- Sample op-ed templates, press releases, press kits, and more — all in the Data in Action section of the ALA study website at http://www.ala.org/research/initiatives/plftas/data_in_action
- ALA’s Libraries Connect Communities digital supplement (http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/4673a369). This provides a nice summary of the entire study, has selected state data, and also key survey data.
- The full survey report (http://plinternetsurvey.org/sites/default/files/publications/2012_plftas.pdf). This has all the survey data, including more granular data at the state level than appears in the digital supplement).
- Survey executive summary (http://plinternetsurvey.org/sites/default/files/publications/2012_plftasexecutivesummary.pdf). This is a high level and more graphical presentation of selected survey data.
Posted: July 5th, 2012 under Public.